Mission and Purpose
The Adelaide Holocaust Museum and Andrew Steiner Education Centre’s mission is to educate students and the general public about the history of the Holocaust and the importance of being an Upstander and to combat hate, racism and antisemitism in all its forms.
The museum will preserve important historical information and artefacts and create an environment that promotes moral and ethical thought about current and future issues around hate crimes, racial profiling and antisemitism.
- We practice compassion and respect for all.
- We educate against hatred and antisemitism in all its forms.
- We believe in the sanctity of life.
- We encourage the power of one and being an Upstander.
- We reach out to like communities to promote positive relationships and encourage acceptance of diversity.
- We will offer Holocaust education in conjunction with recognised Australian Holocaust education programs and scholars.